How Can Quercetin Help You?
Holland and Barrett Quercetin can help protect the body from the daily wear and tear we put it through.
There are a number of functions and benefits of Vitamin C:
- Vitamin C contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels, bones, cartilage, gums, teeth and skin
- Vitamin C contributes to normal energy yielding metabolism
- Vitamin C contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system
- Vitamin C contributes to normal psychological function
- Vitamin C contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Vitamin C contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Vitamin C increases iron absorption
- This supplement is also suitable for vegans & vegetarians!
Reach for this healthy lifestyle today with holland and barrett quercetin!
Holland and Barrett Quercetin: benefits, dosage, side-effects
Date: March 17, 2019. Written by Beth Gibbons and Reviewed by Dr Sarah Schenker on March 20, 2019 Reference: link
Quercetin may help by:
- Protect the body from free radicals – Quercetin acts as a powerful antioxidant, helping to protect cells from damage by free radicals: unstable molecules that can age the body and may lead to serious health conditions.*7
- Reduce inflammation – Quercetin is found to be giving healthy male athletes a combination of quercetin and vitamin C for eight weeks reduced blood test markers for inflammation in the body.*9
- Reduce blood pressure – Quercetin may act on cells that control blood vessel contraction and dilation, improving blood flow.*10
- Act as a natural antihistamine – Quercetin is said to stimulate the immune system and restricts the release of histamine in the body, relieving allergy symptoms in conditions like hay fever, according to a 2016 study published in Molecules.*11
- Anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties – Quercetin is suggested to also potentially block several respiratory viruses from replicating inside the body, including the common cold and flu.*12
- It can help regulate blood sugar – Quercetin can help reduced blood glucose levels in people with metabolic syndrome, who have an increased risk of developing heart disease, stroke and diabetes.*13
Two caplets contain: %NRV*
Quercetin 500mg **
Vitamin C 1,400mg 1,750%
*NRV = Nutrient Reference Value **No NRV established
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid), Bulking Agents (Dicalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose), Quercetin, Anti-Caking Agents (Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide), Glazing Agent (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose).
Are there any side-effects of taking holland and barrett quercetin?
It is considered safe to take for healthy people.*17
However, it can have side- effects including:*18
Advice is for information only and should not replace medical care. Please check with your GP before trying any remedies
4. As Source 1
6. As Source 1
8. As Source 5
9. Askari G, et al. The effect of quercetin supplementation on selected markers of inflammation and oxidative stress 10. Serban M-C, et al. Effects of Quercetin on Blood Pressure: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials 11. Micek J, et al. Quercetin and Its Anti-Allergic Immune Response
12. As Source 3
13. Ostadmohammadi V, et al. Effects of quercetin supplementation on glycemic control among patients with metabolic syndrome and related disorders: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
14. As Source 1
15. As Source 1
17. As Source 1
18. As Source 16